- Half of the building site is set aside as a two-acre downtown water garden and fountain plaza, a wet and very shady destination for pedestrians in a city of automobiles.
- The elevators go to the 62nd floor; a stairway leads up to a 63rd floor for mechanical equipment and storage.
- The architects were recognized with an Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects in 1990.
- Fountain Place is located at the end of the northwest branch of the downtown tunnel system, and connects directly to the Fairmont Hotel to the east.
- Fountain Place is the world's tallest building to be glazed with four-sided structural silicone.