commercial office, residential, hotel
- Residential units are situated at heights from 192 metres (631 feet) to 224 metres (735 feet) and are the tallest in London.
- The lower level is devoted to 27 office floors.
- Each floor features naturally ventilated 'winter gardens' with operable louvre windows.
- The building's design has been described by the architect as resembling a sharp, crystal pyramid.
- The Shard is the first skyscraper in Western Europe to both reach and exceed 1,000 feet in height.