Tokyo City Hall, Tower I
Tokyo , Japan
- The two-towered design pays homage to Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris in Paris.
- During the conceptual stage it was suggested that the design looked like a microchip or an electronic circuit. From that point on, the expressionism of the design was geared towards the integration of circuits. The microchip imagery is found in the interior on the ceiling, the second floor, and other parts.
- 13,000 people work in the 400,000 square metres.
- Near the top of each tower is a free observation deck, with magnificent views of Mt. Fuji on a clear day.
- The elevators to the observation decks travel at 240 metres per minute, taking 55 seconds to go from the 1st to the 45th floor.