US Bank Tower
Los Angeles, USA
- The glass crown on top is brightly illuminated at night.
- The building was designed to withstand an earthquake of 8.3 on the Richter Scale.
- Upon completion this became the tallest building in the world located in a major seismic region; it has since been surpassed by Taipei 101.
- It's the first building to be destroyed by alien invaders in the 1996 movie "Independence Day".
- From the 53rd floor up, horizontal forces caused by wind or earthquakes are dampened by two struts, which are each one floor high.