New York by Gehry at Eight Spruce Street
New York City, USA
- The building's cladding is composed of 10,500 stainless steel panels, some flat, some undulating.
- As a result of the undulating facade, each apartment on the seven undulating sides of the building is configured differently.
- The south side is a simple flat plane: this is intended to serve as a contrast to the other, undulating facades, while at the same time strengthening the structural composition.
- The five stories at the foot of the tower have a brick facade since the architect wanted the base to be in the spirit of the neighboring buildings.
- The building totals 1.1 million square feet.